Friday, October 28, 2011

Accuquilt Review: Felted Wool pins and headband

A number of weeks ago, the people at Accuquilt asked us if we would like to try out a  Go! Baby Cutter to work on some projects of our choice.  Ummm.....yes.  (It wasn't even that much time.  It was more like YES! YES! PLEASE?!)

So, I decided to start with an easy project that my 6-year and I could do together.  I found some felted wool on sale at Joann's and knew that I wanted to make some fall accessories inspired by these.


And here's how we did it...









(okay that should say "bustle" sorry....)

I handstitched large pinbacks on the back...which I like a lot better than hot glue (which is what I used to do).  They tend to stay a lot better and not peel off.


Overall I was SUPER impressed by the perfectly-cut shapes of the accuquilt.  It cut through two layers of felted wool so easily.  I have cut out a lot of circles in my day....and this way is SO much faster.

Yay for perfectly cut circles!

P.S.  Guess what's even better?  They are having a sale this week! 

Simple Simon & Co

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best projects I have seen with the Accuquilt. I think it shows that it has some versatility :)
    Fun project too, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete